Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mizuno Waverun @ UPM

I have not join any race since "Adidas King of The Road @ Shah Alam", because of Penang Marathon falls on next month 22th. To keep my running spirit up, I just took up the Mizuno Waverun at UPM which organised by Pacesetter Malaysia.


The race held on University Putra Malaysia (UPM) on 22th Oct and kick start at 7.30am.


It was a pretty sizable race and more than 4000 participants turn out on that day.


Including numbers of angmos.....
Pacesettle Malaysia has done a great job, one of the brilliant move is they organised the race at UPM and I never thought UPM could be that big. How big is UPM??? Kindly see the photo below:-

NOTE: The pictures were taken by a running photographer with a constantly high speed so the quanlity might be a bit shaking and dizzing.

They have three or four numbers of this size lake all over the campus.



Numbers of Kollege Blok.

They own farming land. I also got one in my facebook.

A medical centre inside the campus. A huge portal frame (I really have no idea what is that for).


Their own Marrybrown.
The facility that surprised me the most is they even have a chinese cementry. Not sure whether it only open for UPM student.

However UPM still not big enough to held a full marathon therefore the race is only 10km yet it still a pretty tough and fun race. I was running almost all the way uphill through out the race furthermore I got cheated by the organiser. It was actually 12.11km for the whole race so when I ran up to 9km immediately I shift to full acceleration mode whereby I only realized the finish point still far away from the 10km sign board so I only could walk back at the last 2km. Btw, I still very far from my targeted time.

So all I need now is to train HARDER & HARDER............ for PENANG MARATHON

No comments:

Post a Comment